Thursday, February 17, 2005

Spring break, where are you?!

Today's quote: Over here, we have a male-affectionate, easy to get along with, non-political agenda lesbian. Down here, we have a man-hating, angry as fuck, agenda of rage, bitter dyke. Over here, we got Santa Claus, and up here the Easter Bunny. Which one is going to get to the hundred dollar bill first?




Just thought this was amusing. It was part of a packet one of my friends emailed to me titled "If women controlled the world." Although I know it was supposed to be empowering, I actually found most of the pictures offensive and demeaning. For instance, here's one picture that kind of pissed me off:



I know I probably sound like a typical pointy-headed feminist, but my first reaction was, WTF is that supposed to mean? Is this trying to imply that women don't know how to use a fucking hammer and screwdriver?

Still, just because that's basically how guys screw, does that necessarily mean that women wouldn't know how to use a "man's" tool? I'm not loving this picture so much. It's amazing to me what guys think are funny. Yet another instance of the huge difference between the X and Y chromosomes.

Anyway, taking a break as usual from studying. Although maybe to put it more aptly, I usually take a break from blogging and surfing the web by studying. My rewrite of the memo is due tomorrow, and I'm hoping I won't have to pull an all-nighter again. This rewrite will also be a piece of crap, but hopefully it won't be as crappy as the last one. Seriously, I could smell the stink a mile away, it was that bad.