Thursday, September 01, 2005

Things I remember

Today's quote: Well that's what we do, we fight... You tell me when I am being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you are a pain in the ass. Which you are, 99% of the time. I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings. You have like a 2 second rebound rate, then you're back doing the next pain-in-the-ass thing.

I really liked the exercises we were given in class to work on. Of course, it was difficult opening the door to all my memories. But as I say, you face life head on and accept the good with the bad. The first exercise we were given was to write a personal ad for someone we knew. I chose my sister.

Almost 36 year old female looking for someone to grow old with. Am somewhat introverted, but do enjoy the presence and company of close friends. May be hard to get to know initially. Don't be surprised if I glare at you at first, because usually the meaner I am shows the more I like you. Intensely loyal, have learned to recognize that being happy alone is the first step to being happy with someone else. Enjoy blues, jazz, and shopping.

The next exercise we were given was to write down a list of "I remembers."
I remember:
  1. how scared I felt when I realized that I was really moving to Iowa City for school.
  2. getting up at 6 a.m. to get to work early and putting pink, purple and green post-its all over M's office my last day there.
  3. saying goodbye and hugging Lisa at the airport and crying. Goodbyes are always hard. Sometimes it seems that the goodbyes are all I can remember.
  4. thinking now was a time for a fresh beginning in every sense.
  5. how happy I felt everytime I saw him again.