Monday, August 07, 2006

Happiness..too much to ask for?

Today's quote: Janice, I apologize to you if I don't seem real eager to jump into a forced awkward intimate situation that people like to call dating. I don't like the feeling. You're sitting there, you're wondering do I have food on my face, am I eating, am I talking too much, are they talking enough, am I interested I'm not really interested, should I play like I'm interested but I'm not that interested but I think she might be interested but do I want to be interested but now she's not interested?

So I haven't really been working for a couple of months now. Let's review the past year. I've quit law school, moved to Seattle, looked for jobs, been offered 4 jobs, turned down 4 jobs, and have turned to writing. I've read of how so many other people have gotten book deals from their blogs. I wonder how I could get the same deal. I'm the person who not only dropped out of law school, but also chronicled along the way to that decision. What I'm wondering is, would anyone even be interested? You hear stories of these burnouts all the time. People drop out of college, law school, and med school plenty. Is there anything special about me?