Saturday, August 20, 2005

Welcome back

It was strange entering the law school to find it once again crawling with students after getting used to the emptiness over the summer. Got my books, and swore like a mofo when it came out to $477. I've always wondered about law school and all the expenses. Are they really that necessary?? There are so many satellite expenses that the total sum ends up being astronomical. Books, parking permits, computer fees, etc. It doesn't end. Whoever came up with the idea of charging law students for practically breathing was a genius. Yeah, wring every last penny from us before sending us out to try to make some money for a change, instead of being an incredibly huge money drain on ourselves and all the people around us. Bah.

So it's really weird coming back and seeing all the 1Ls studying their intro to law books soooo intently. I wonder to myself, did I look that serious last year? I don't think so. I've never really been that concerned about grades, and never thought that they were the end-all to everything. Sure, I cared. Somewhere way back I learned that you gotta loosen up and let things happen naturally. If a 1L came up to me and asked me for advice, I'd say that you give it your all, but don't let it destroy you. Relax and have some fun once in a while.