Thursday, March 02, 2006

I Hate Coffee

Today's quote: It's the devil.

Ok, so I've been out of action on here for a long time. Let's see, where to start. I'm going to need a job while I stay here for a while to establish residency because there is no way I'm going to suffer yet another year of non-resident tuition for law school. It's not that worth it. So I'd been sending out resumes like mad for quite a while now... basically for about a month. No word. So I decided that it would be good to have a part-time job in the meanwhile to help allay some of my living expenses. I had always wanted to try working in Barnes & Noble, so I put in an application there. Lo and behold, I was hired in less than a week from submitting my application. But did I get to work in the bookside so that I could browse all the lovely new books and magazines? No, alas, it was not meant to be. I was hired on as a cafe server. This means basically making all the same coffee that the people in Starbucks do.

I couldn't believe that I was living out Jin's nightmare. She used to joke that she would be working in Starbucks making coffee after graduation. Well apparently, I'm one up, since I'm doing it even before I've graduated.