Monday, January 30, 2006

Sleeping in Seattle

Today's quote: Verbal ability is a highly overrated thing in a guy, and it's our pathetic need for it that gets us into so much trouble.

Ok, maybe not really Seattle. More like a suburb of it. After having left on Friday, I am now here! It was funny how right when I had to hold my pee and also needed to refuel the gas simultaneously I hit hardcore traffic. You know that dance you do when you really have to go, but for some reason or another you can't? That was me. To top it off, my dad called for the fifth time today right when I was trying to maneuver past a bitch driving her SUV honking at me when she was the one trying to merge into traffic. I was ready to just throw my cell out the window by then because my dad has had the amazing luck to keep calling at all the worst moments. Yesterday I almost drove off an exit ramp in Wyoming while it was snowing because the cell rang right then.

After the days of driving, not drinking in the car because I didn't want to have to pull off somewhere just to pee, lugging all my stuff to and from the car every night, trying to mash down the mounds of stuff in my car and hope that I wasn't cracking my lcd tv screen, I've finally arrived. In a way, it was anticlimactic. Right when I drove into my brother's neighborhood the sky became overcast and started to drizzle. What a wonderful omen. At least I am reunited with my Hello Kitty slippers. How I've missed them!