Thursday, March 29, 2007

Blundering worker bee

Today's quote: Hardly, my Lord. It's just an eye. The gods saw fit to grace me with a spare.

Well, I'm off to a blazing start at my new workplace. In my two weeks here I've managed to 1) forget the password to my computer (after just changing it thinking I needed something less predictable) and 2) set off the building alarm.

In my defense, I had emailed for a personal alarm code 2 days earlier, but the person didn't get back to me until I'd already left work the afternoon before I set it off. So that was more a case of bad luck and timing, since the guy who normally shuts off the alarm by 6:45 is on jury duty.

But nothing really excuses my noobness is the computer password matter. I'm not one of those people who uses the same password for everything. I pretty much have a different password for most things. So, I guess the noggin was a little full when I decided to add another one to the list. The third day I got here I drew a blank as to what it was, so I had to ask my boss for my password to be reset. Of course, I felt like an idiot.

I wonder what they'll think of me when I have one of my hiccuping fits.