Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Phone clinger

Today's quote: You mean to say that you are a daughter of Eve?

I've seen a variety of things while working at the new job. The one thing that I'm amazed at is how much people talk on their cell phones here. They talk anywhere and everywhere throughout the building, without regard to privacy or propriety.

Today, I went into the restroom. Another woman entered soon after, and proceeded to start peeing while talking on the phone. Am I the only person who thinks that's a little weird? Talking while in the restroom is one thing, but talking while you're actually doing your business... I dunno. It doesn't seem like the best place to me. Plus, I wonder what the person on the other end is thinking when he hears the toilet flush. Eh.

The other thing that gets me is the sheer number of people here who spew their private matters in public. Do they think that just because they are on the phone that you can't hear them? Uh, it's rather hard not to hear them when they're talking rather loudly in heated tones, if not downright yelling. Seriously, no stranger wants to hear all the sordid details of your intimate life.