Saturday, December 18, 2004

It's Over Now

I still can't believe that we finally finished our first semester at law school. It seems like yesterday that I was just arriving to school. It's as if I blinked, and it was already a month in, another blink, and classes were finishing, and blink, finals are over. Looking back now I feel as if I haven't really been all there. The whole experience has been the most intense one of my life and yet the most disembodied also. They should really slap a warning label on law schools: "Caution - contents under extreme pressure."

Anyway, I have to say that the law school knows how to get it on when it lets loose. The drinking started at 4pm, where a bunch of upper classmen waylaid us innocent 1Ls and plied us with beer. Then we went out to dinner, and drank some more. At the end of the day, a bunch of us ended up at Brother's, as did the rest of the law school, and then drank even more. I only wish I had my camera last night because this was truly a unique experience.

For some reason, a song by REM is running through my head: "..it's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine."

No comments: