Saturday, April 02, 2005

How Dumb Are YOU?

Today's quote: You know, I have this awful paranoid thought that feminism was mostly invented by men so that they could like, fool around a little more.

The Pope has passed away. Strange, I had held on to the belief that it wouldn't actually happen. Somehow, I always think that bad stuff can never happen to famous people. Maybe that's why I was so shocked when Princess Di, Aaliyah, and all the others died. I always feel a bit gobsmacked, like no way, that can't really be happening.

On a flippant note, I was taking the "How Dumb Are You" quiz in FHM magazine, and the answer is, apparently I'm quite dumb. I missed half of the questions. Here are some of the questions I missed:

2) Name either of the official languages of Afghanistan.
6) What were the Wright brothers' first names? (I only got one of these.)
8) Match the planets with the pictures (they're all in order, and I mixed up the last three).
11) Name just one of Charlie Chaplin's movies.
12) Name two of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. (I only got one)
14) Mt. Everest straddles two countries. Name one.
18) Who's the dude on the dime?
19) Mexico is directly south of the U.S. Two countries touch the southern border of Mexico. Can you name one?
20) Who wrote War and Peace?

How many of you know the answers to these (without looking them up on the internet, obviously)? Right now, I feel as bright as Bridget Jones in the Edge of Reason when she was caught not knowing where Germany was.