Wednesday, January 26, 2005

OCI interviews!

Hey the OCI interview schedule is up! I'm totally psyched. Even though Professor Bibas told us how very few of us will get jobs through these programs, I still relish the opportunity to try to sell myself. There's always something a little weird going on at interviews. I almost feel like I'm trying to whore myself out; an interview is a combination of so many factors. You try to appear intelligent, but not too threatening. You want to appear attractive, but not like you're so beautiful that they fall into the stereotype of thinking that you're just all looks and no brains. You have to package your personality so that they'll think that you're someone who they can work with and that you'd "fit", but at the same time you don't want to seem so fun that you wouldn't get any work done. It just seems like a crazy balancing test.

Times like this, I wonder why I'd want to do this kind of thing...I sound completely nutters.

No comments: