Sunday, March 06, 2005

Bling Bling



I just watched a segment on E! for how Hollywood It Girls live it up. They seemed to portray Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchie, Mischa Barton, the Olsen trolls, Hilary Duff and Lindsay Lohan the most.

The show started off mild, showing what you might regularly expect these type of people to spend: couple g's on a high-end fashion purse, accessories, $700 on a hairstyle, etc. But then it got progressively worse: Mischa paying her hairstylist $4,000 a day to stay on stand-by just in case she wants her hair or makeup touched up, $62,000 on a diamond-encrusted watch for Lindsay Lohan, Nicole and Paris dropping $112,000 on a shopping spree in one day. Apparently Nicole and Paris fight over who gets to pay the bill, because they're both so rich. Really? I know Lionel has some $$$, but can he really compare to Paris's hotel mogul dad?

By this point, I felt so nauseated by the excess blinging and money thrown around that I had to turn the tv off. I honestly felt like puking. Is it really necessary to spend that much money? I mean, sure, I spent $90 on a flat iron for myself, but that's because this is the best flat iron that gets the job done. I figured my time was worth the extra money spent to save an extra 3-4 hours a week. I guess the same argument applies for them, but really…!