Saturday, March 05, 2005

I am not..

Today's quote: You're the worst kind. You're high maintenance but you think you're low maintenance.

My friend and I were flipping through channels while we were eating dinner, when we landed on a movie on the Oxygen channel. The man was talking about high and low maintenance women, and his best friend wanted to know which one she was. The man replied with the above quote. I turned to my friend, and asked him if I was high maintenance, and apparently he emphatically thinks that I fit into the above category. So what if I like things a particular way? I think it's better to be definitive than wishy-washy.

I'm wondering if I'll be able to get the brief written in time. I'm honestly beginning to be afraid that I won't. It seems that the fates are against me even when I try my best to get going on my work. For instance, yesterday I stayed at home and printed off the Westlaw stuff to the school printers. 9:30 came, and I left at 9:40 to go to school, since it takes about 3 minutes to drive to school. I forgot to take one thing into account: the fucking train. I swear, the goddamn train knows just when to come and fuck me over. So instead of getting to school at 9:45, I get there at 9:55. I raced into the library, only to find the print lab locked. Maddeningly enough, I can see my print jobs piled up on the printer, tantalizingly out of reach. Of course, the old man wouldn't open up the lab so that I could get my stuff. As my friend said, he's a very bad man. Bad man, indeed.