Saturday, March 05, 2005

Crying in a Corner

Yes, I know it's all my fault. I have no one to blame but myself. Now that I'm looking for a summer job, I can't find one. Except for a volunteer internship with the public defender in MO. But who wants to be in MO?! Should I just give up already?

I shouldn't have let regular schoolwork blind me to the longer-term goals. Now I can't find a job in the places I'm looking for, and I'm starting to panic. I guess my fallback plan can be to just stay here in the summer and take classes so as to lighten my load for next year. But I really don't want to do that, because I've taken summer school every year I was in undergrad, and I've really learned that summers should be cherished. Right now I'm comforting myself with a few drinks. I figure by the time I graduate law school I'm going to have various addictions to alcohol, smoking, and caffeine. Somehow I don't think following a spicy bloody mary with a ice cream mudslide was such a good idea.

So, what to do, what to do?