Monday, March 07, 2005

Lincoln Real Estate SUCKS

Today's quote: The federal commerce power covers everything except a naked man in a tree, and it covers him when he climbs down.

Why does it seem like every good thing is heralded by a really bad thing? Take spring break, for instance. Our brief is due at 4pm on Friday. I like how I'll get to recuperate over the break from probably having stayed up two nights in a row and also skipping property yet again. I bet I fail property this semester because I've missed so many classes in it. It's all small section's fault. Darn them for always putting the writing assignment due date on Fridays.

So it looks like it's nearing time to look for another apartment again. Here's a tip: DON'T LEASE WITH LINCOLN REAL ESTATE. THEY WILL SCREW YOU OVER. Their rent isn't even that competitive, plus they make you pay a $300 deposit for your pet, even though it specifically says in the lease "No pets, no exceptions." That just goes to show you that they're a bunch of money-grubbing pigs who only want more money. So here's a question: I paid two $300 deposits (that's right, a total of freaking $600) for the two pets I had when I signed on with them, and since they took my money, does this constitute a waiver of the no-pet clause? Since then I got my dog, which I never told them about, because I figured that I had paid enough in the way of pet deposits. Those bastards. Anyway, I'm wondering if they're trying to catch me with a pet, because I recently got served with a notice to remedy, saying that I had a cat. I had a huge laugh over that. So I called them back immediately, and told them I didn't have a cat. They go, "You don't have a cat?" I'm thinking, didn't you fuckin hear me the first time? "No, I do NOT have a cat." Of course, I didn't tell them that I had a dog. They wanna make my life difficult, I'm gonna make their lives difficult. As a result, they have been "showing" my apartment over the past month or so. So far they've shown it 5 times, plus one inspection time to make sure that I didn't have a cat. Somehow, I don't really think that there really are that many people looking for apartments in January and February. Of course, I can't prove anything. All I know is that they haven't been showing any of the other apartments in the building.

I can't wait to move out of here. Those rotten bastards. So far, the deposit they have on me is one month's rent ($575) and the two pet deposits ($600) for a grand total of $1175. This is ridiculous. I could have been living at the Lodge or something with that money. So anybody know of a good apartment building w/ reasonable rent, neighbors who don't do drugs, and pets are allowed?