Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Catchup, anyone?

Today's quote: Gary is the kind of man that understands, when you put another man's cock in your mouth, you make a pact.

As I've been sitting in class this semester pretending to pay attention, I've noticed any number of inefficiencies by the professors. If they really wanted to keep us on our toes they would change up their pattern.

For instance, I have not read for any class in the last two weeks, because I've been called on in most of them. The fourth one, eh, I usually skip because I'm usually behind and don't want to chance getting called on. So let's say I've attended about half of my property classes (sorry prof!). Otherwise, now that I bask in my newfound luxury of complacency, I realize that I've been letting myself slide way too much. I've been playing the catch-up game for about 3 weeks now in every class. I can usually be found reading for the next class in the previous class.

Last semester I was so good. I really don't know how I did it. I would come home from class, take a nap, get up, eat dinner, then spend the rest of the evening unbearably cozy with my books. This semester, I get out of class, surf the internet for hours, buy things that I don't need (thereby getting closer and closer to my credit card limit), blog, clean, play with my dog, hang out with my friends, watch American Idol, read magazines, read novels, chat with people at school, etc. Did I mention that I am easily distracted by shiny, new things? You name it, I'm there, unless it has to do with schoolwork. Yech.

Maybe professors should have a one-time run through the class where they hit up everyone, to be fair. Then after that, they can call on people randomly, to make sure we've done the reading for the class. I kind of had the same problem in torts last semester, since Prof. J.Lo did rolling thunder. I wouldn't read if I wasn't up. That's probably why I didn't do so hot in that class.

Predictability is booooring.

Here's a picture from that "if women ruled the world" series: