Thursday, February 24, 2005

Ranking vs. Success?

"Whether a law school is first or fourth tier, most would agree that beyond law school, the path to becoming a great lawyer and having that successful career depend largely on the individual.

"The bottom-line advice I would offer is this: go to the best school to which you are admitted and do as well as you can academically. All this will help in landing the first job. After that, it's what you individually can bring to the marketplace," said Mr. Wiley. " Does Ranking Affect Success?

What does this tell us? NOTHING!!!!!

At least, nothing that those of us with common sense didn't already know. Yes, Iowa Law is a top-tier school, and your grades will affect your chances somehow, but after that it's all about personality, and other factors that cannot be easily quantified.

I find that the older I get, the fewer things I find that have satisfyingly definitive answers. So why am I in law school? I have no idea.