Thursday, February 17, 2005

Damn Parking Nazis

Today's quote: My job consists of basically masking my contempt for the assholes in charge, and, at least once a day, retiring to the men's room so I can jerk off while I fantasize about a life that doesn't so closely resemble Hell.

I’m so pissed at the school’s parking meter maids. Those bitches. I parked at the small lot that is for visitors, but then overstayed the meter by about 20 minutes. When I got back, it was to not one, but TWO parking tickets. I stared in disbelief at the extra long strip of ticket. I was thinking, what is this, did they accidentally give me someone else’s parking ticket by leaving it still attached to mine? No, oh no. First, the parking bitch gave me a $10 ticket, the reason cited being that I had a “restricted permit for campus use only.” Oh really? So I’m penalized for contributing resources to the school and supporting its already outrageously overpriced parking permit? But that’s not all. The ticket right after had the reason as “expired meter.” Sure, one parking ticket, but two??

Isn’t this totally fucked up? Is this sort of double-recovery allowed? What a sucky, sucky day. It probably is allowed to do multiple citations for this sort of crap. It just seems so wrong that I’m being charged for being a goddamn student, as if I’m not already paying enough for the overpriced privilege to be here.

I went online and filled out the appeals form, and stated that the interests of justice and fair play were not being served in penalizing a student who already contributes revenue to the university by paying for a parking permit every month. Yeah, yeah, I'm probably not using those terms in the way they were meant to be, but I just felt like threatening them with some empty bullshit.

Is it just me, or are the Parking Nazis totally trigger-happy this semester? Must resist urge to go kick the parking and transportation truck...