Sunday, February 27, 2005

My baloney has a first name...

Today's quote: Tonight is the night where the big people thank the little people they've stepped on all year.

I wonder why they got Beyonce to sing so many things during the awards? She is a beautiful singer, but I just don't think that she's suited for singing more classical pieces, and definitely not a French song.

I see from the award categories listed that I need to catch up on a LOT of movies.

Here are some of the heavy hitters:
The Aviator
Million-Dollar Baby
Sideways
Hotel Rwanda
Ray
Finding Neverland
Closer
Kinsey

I've only seen Finding Neverland, which I absolutely loved. I don't plan on seeing the Aviator, it's simply too long. My ADD simply won't allow it. Besides, whenever there is a movie that's up for practically every category I automatically root for underdogs. I felt the same way last year when Lord of the Rings was up. I believe in spreading the joy.

I do plan on seeing Million-Dollar Baby sometime, along with Sideways, and Ray. I'm not so sure about Closer, b/c of Natalie Portman. When she was up for Best Supporting Actress, I was praying, anyone but her, please. I just don't think she's worthy of an Oscar. Sure, she was wonderful in The Professional (so long ago), but she's only a dramatic actress. In my opinion, I have never seen other actresses so good in one genre but so, so crappy in another.

I'm totally psyched about The Incredibles beating out Shrek 2, b/c I thought S2 totally sucked and was nowhere near the caliber of the first one.

Must play catch up: Kinsey, Ray, Sideways, Million-Dollar Baby, Being Julia, Motorcycle Diaries, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Before Sunset, The Chorus, House of Flying Daggers, Super Size Me, and The Phantom of the Opera.

The only Oscar nominees that I've seen are Maria Full of Grace, Finding Neverland, The Incredibles, Collateral, SpiderMan 2, I Robot, and HP: Prisoner of Azkaban.